If you have been injured in an accident contact our experienced attorneys today, we will help you fight for just compensation. Schedule your free consultation call us (619) 752-2217 we’re available 24/7!
Have You Been Hurt Due to the Negligence of Another?
Unfortunately, a personal injury caused by someone else’s negligence could strike at any minute leaving you and your family to deal with the aftermath. Faced with expensive medical bills, lost income and the battle to recover both physically and emotionally, the impacts are often devastating. The most frustrating part for many is the feeling that so much is suddenly outside of their control. If you, or someone you care about, have been injured due to the negligence of another, an experienced San Diego injury attorney may be able to help.
Do I Have a Personal Injury Claim?
If you’ve been hurt through no fault of your own, you may have a case. Personal injury lawsuits attempt to recover financial damages from the negligent party to compensate the victim for their injuries. Although money can never completely make up for the pain and suffering that a severe personal injury causes to the victim and their family, adequate compensation can relieve the financial distress that usually results from an unexpected tragedy. In other words, it lets you stop worrying about paying the bills so that you can focus your energy on what’s really important, your recovery.
Personal injuries can be a result of the actions, the inaction or the negligence of one or more individuals or organizations. The most common causes in San Diego include traffic accidents, medical malpractice, wrongful death and workplace accidents, but anytime you’re injured due to no fault of your own, it can fall under the legal definition of personal injury. When your claim is presented in a court of law, you must prove that the other party was both liable and negligent to recover. This means that they were legally required to exercise a certain level of care, they failed to do so and that you were injured or damaged in some way.
How Can a Personal Injury Attorney Help Me?
You can rely on the skills and knowledge of an experienced San Diego injury lawyer to know the relevant laws and case studies inside and out. This professional will be able to look at your claim from a completely different viewpoint to identify all the possible angles to maximize your compensation package while ensuring that no detail, no matter how small, is overlooked.
Of course, the insurance company may tell you something different. They are trained to give you the impression that they are acting in good faith and protecting your interests while trying to minimize their financial exposure. Here’s a little secret: Even your insurance company doesn’t work to protect your interests when it comes to a payout. Their ultimate responsibility is to work within the boundaries of the law to pay you as little as possible and avoid an expensive lawsuit.
If an insurance company or a large business is involved in your personal injury claim, here are a few reasons that consulting with a San Diego injury attorney is critical:
- You’re Outmatched – Organizations of this size have an entire team of expert lawyers and other professionals who share a common goal: to pay as little as possible to injury victims. Never attempt to take them on without your own legal representation based in San Diego.
- You’re Too Close to the Issue – Personal injury is, well, very personal, and you wouldn’t be human if you didn’t feel emotional about the entire situation. Although the staff at an insurance company or other business won’t pay more than they have to, the final number doesn’t mean they won’t be able to pay their bills or send their children to college. In addition to having years of experience in these matters, this will always give them the upper hand at the bargaining table when you try to negotiate with them directly.
- You Can’t Afford to Wait – The insurance company has all the time in the world, but you don’t. Knowing that your bills are piling up, they may give you a low-ball offer on the chance that you’ll take it out of desperation. An experienced attorney in San Diego who has handled hundreds of cases just like yours will be able to advise you on the fairness of any offer as well as what you can gain by filing a lawsuit.
- You Don’t Know Their Tactics – Big business knows that you aren’t a legal expert, and they take full advantage of it. Don’t expect them tell you about your legal rights or the applicable statute of limitations. They certainly won’t preserve any evidence that isn’t legally required.
Most of all, an experienced San Diego injury lawyer will provide you with peace of mind and the time to heal. Once you have expert knowledge and years of experience on your side, you’ll feel like you’ve started to take control of the situation, and your life, once again. If you’ve been losing sleep worrying about negotiating with the insurance company and meeting your financial obligations, a single consultation will be better than any sleeping pill! Once your energy is refocused on your recovery and your family’s needs, you’ll literally feel like a heavy weight has been lifted from your shoulders!
Protect Yourself and Your Loved Ones in the Event of a Personal Injury
If you or someone you care about is injured due to someone else’s negligence, take these steps to protect your interests:
- Do not wait to seek medical care. Delays can raise several questions including whether you were really hurt, the date of the injury or the actual source of the damage. Keep records of every doctor you see and how you feel on a daily basis.
- Record the names of witnesses and other pertinent facts. If you’re able, create a file with all relevant information. Write down your own account of the accident as soon as you can just in case your memory of the event fades with time. Keep track of every medical expense and your lost time from work.
- Consult with an attorney as soon as possible. Only an experienced attorney based in San Diego can advise you of your rights and your responsibilities in a personal injury case. Most lawyers offer free consultations with no obligation. Never sign any legal documents or speak to anyone without your own representation.
Our San Diego Personal Injury Attorneys ensures that your legal rights are fully protected according to the law. Our attorneys are available 24/7. For a free consultation call our office: (619) 752-2217.
San Diego Personal Injury Attorneys Main Page
About Deon Goldschmidt
Injury Lawyer Sitemap